Ancient legends

Saturday 25 January 2014

Clean boots, dirty boots and scary birds

I ventured out in the wind and ran today to take a walk through one of the forest by my home.

I'm not going to give an exact location except to say it is somewhere in the southern uplands of Scotland. It is a beautiful part of the country and you are never very far from wildlife.

This is me starting out, or at least, my lovely clean, although well worn, boots.


Woolly socks are an absolute requirement whenever you go walking in Scotland.

Heading to the door in the trees.



Creepy trees



Scary birds

I heard this bird and legged it (apologies for the heavy breathing!) The area where I live is a haven for buzzards. I have had several run ins with them and give them as wide a berth as possible due to the fact that if you get too close to their territory they will dive bomb you from the trees. It is impossible to avoid them completely as they nest in the woods and there are woods everywhere. I don't know if this bird is a buzzard but it sounded like a warning call and this time I wasn't hanging around to found out.




After all that, this is how muddy my boots got









No comments: