Ancient legends

Sunday 22 September 2013

How not to eat people, hatchling level

The Trials of Graduating from Hatchling Level


Here at the Dragonista Academy you have to learn how not to eat people. It is a basic requirement of graduating to fledgling Dragon Level and beyond until you are at Dragon Master Level.

I have failed.

Unlike a lot of other dragons this basic requirement is something I just cannot quite grasp. People are just so tasty and yummy.

You can pickle them, toast them or pop them in a stew. They can be drizzled and griddled and barbecued. You can fillet them, mince them and dice them. The multitudinous ways to eat people make it incredible difficult to concentrate on not actually eating them.

No one would notice if I just sidled up to the back of a group and picked one of them up with my claws would they?

Or I could hide behind a chimney and in the middle of the night, just ever so gently open a bedroom window and pop one in the roasting pot.

With a bit of rosemary and sage.

Woe is this life I lead with some many tasty humans around. All scuttling and rushing this way and that. Oh how to choose the most scrumptious specimen.

I'll just have to try them all.

No comments: