Ancient legends

Sunday 4 August 2013

Art Therapy

Part of getting through therapy and staying as sane as possible saw me using photography to express myself when I couldn't find the words to say what I was feeling.

I have had space offered to exhibit these but haven't yet had the courage to do this as these photographs represent such a personal journey to me. I'm not worried about criticism, I'm worried they'll give an insight into my soul to people who will be able to see how scarred and damaged I am inside.

I chose to do these photographs in black and white. To represent the past, a journey, a moment in time of healing.

This is Cocoon







I really enjoyed doing these photographs and they helped me to focus away from some of the horror I was reliving.

This is the moon surrounded by clouds taken during a time when I couldn't face sleep because my mind was constantly reliving the abuse and sleeping made the bridge between reality and memories feel non existent. I feel this photograph represents that by how the moon and clouds don't have a distinct separation.

I have moved on so much from that time and hope never to return to that place, the mind is a funny thing and not least because you are never really that far from madness.

No comments: